Monday, February 27, 2012

Packing up my life into four suitcases...

So I've been putting off packing for a long time now and it's started to catch up on me. Yesterday and today, I had to force fit a year's worth of clothing and other personal items into two suitcases, a backpacker's bag and a dufflebag. Those four bags, along with my two carry ons will be my only possessions for the next year as I travel around the world.

My house is now half empty. The closet and wardrobe are organized and semi-empty. My fridge is completely cleared. My kitchen cabinets are bare. I figure I have one more meal to cook tonight and then that's that for meal preparation. My bathroom also looks deserted - all my toiletries except for my toothbrush, toothpaste and floss have been placed into my bags.

Everything is organized for my brother to have him take care of my place. Stickie notes adorn my cabinets, fridge and tables with instructions as to what needs to be done. All that is left to be done is to do one last cleaning of my place tomorrow, unplug everything to cut down on electricity while I'm away and then wait for my drive to the airport.

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown and that a decision I made just about 8 weeks ago is finally happening. Here's to the last 30 hours in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment