Monday, February 27, 2012

Live Beautifully - by Terence Jou

In the midst of cleaning up my house and cooking breakfast this morning, I stared at the two sheets of word magnets that I got from an industry party about two years ago. I had a quick decision to make - throw them out or take the time to create something out of it.

I stared at all the random words - some were funny (i.e. douchebag, lick, beans - for some reason, those were ones that stood out). Others started speaking to me and over the next half an hour as I ate my oatmeal, I started piecing together a short note to help inspire myself as I leave on this journey.

It's strange - as I plucked words out of the sheet and set them aside, they started to speak to each other. Moving them around proved to be easy and the message helps to calm my anxiety about travelling this year abroad.

Here it is - let me know what you think:

Live Beautifully - by Terence Jou

Take a chance,
by the end of it
you stand apart.

Love to dance and play,
think and wonder,
and do more.

Stop complaining.

Don't undermine, snooze, whisper,
but involve, engage, shout.

Stare up, not down.

Say: Please and Thank You like you mean it.
Say: Yes.

Question.
Create.
Experiment.
Amaze!

Cheers, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment