Monday, March 26, 2012

Funemployment Joys #1: Lazy Monday.

It's been a while since I've blogged and I have nothing but laziness to blame the lack of posting.  Laziness reared its ugly head again today as I did absolutely nothing.  I have a semi-excuse for my Lazy Monday and it was that I felt under the weather when I woke up (likely due to the 3 servings of fried rice I had at dinner last night), but by lunchtime, the queasiness had left the station, and rather than being a productive member of society, I just decided it was a do-nothing kind of afternoon.  It wasn't that hard to clear my afternoon either, unlike my life two months ago, my schedule is pretty open.

I quite enjoyed my Lazy Monday, I zoomed through two episodes of Band of Brothers, looked for airline tickets to Vietnam while The Da Vinci Code was playing on the TV in the background and when typing letters into a Google search bar became just too much work, a nap was needed to get me through such a trying experience.  I was abruptly awoken from my slumber by a phone call from my dad telling me where we were going out for dinner, otherwise, I would have slept through that too.

Everyone deserves a lazy day once in a while, and I highly recommend everyone to take one, for inspiration, listen to Bruno Mars' The Lazy Song if you have to.  But one shouldn't make it a habit, which is easy to do if you take too many Lazy Days in a row.  My A-Type personality will likely kick my lazy side out of bed tomorrow to at least go to the gym and take a walk around the city or to finish that short story I've been having some trouble finishing.

Sigh, too much thinking.  Time for another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment